Perishable Cargo Logistics Management (Classroom, 3 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 139 participants from 24 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This course is aimed at key personnel in the perishable air cargo logistics industry engaged in defining quality and risk management systems around the transport, handling and management of time and temperature-sensitive perishable shipments. Over 3 days you will learn how to use IATA’s Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR), explore the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) methodology and learn how to use IATA’s CEIV (Center of Excellence for Independent Validators) fresh audit checklist and to implement it in your organization.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCGT-13
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Air Cargo Procedures and Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Netherlands, Amsterdam (IATA)
22 - 24 September, 2021
Register before 01 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 01 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132576
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe IATA’s Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR) manual and applicable legislation
- Manage time and temperature sensitive perishables cargo
- Explain the importance of a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) based Perishable Cargo Safety Management System
- Implement a CEIV Fresh audit checklist
- How to use IATA’s PCR
- Government and airline regulations
- Shipper’s and airline’s responsibilities
- Documentation and labelling
- Perishable handling procedures
- Damage, claims and tracking
- HACCP-based perishable safety
- CEIV fresh audit checklist
- Case studies
- Group exercise and games
- IATA Perishable Cargo Regulations
- IATA CEIV Fresh Audit Checklist
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo quality management
- Warehouse and ramp operational management
- Airline, handler and freight forwarder
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Please note this Certificate is only valid for 36 months