Project Management Essentials (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 301 participants from 35 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (30 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
In an ever-changing environment, knowing how to manage a project well and how to work effectively with your team members are key to a successful delivery. This course will allow you to understand and improve your own skills and abilities and by doing so leading successful projects in the future. You will learn how to apply essential project management concepts and tools, how to deal with changes and challenges, and check the impact of your decisions based on project outcomes.
Course Code: TAPH-05-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 30 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- You should have prior knowledge and experience working with projects.
- Recommended level is Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
13 - 17 November, 2023
Register before Aug 13, 2023 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 30 Oct
Find out more about our Early Bird Terms.
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 172386
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Define project objectives, minimize scope changes and prevent scope creep
- Develop time and cost estimates, create and control the schedule and the budget
- Assemble, motivate and lead a project team
- Communicate project progress, maintain stakeholder engagement and develop plans for managing risks
- Manage scope, resources, schedule and team dynamics
- Make trade-offs between desired project outcomes and understand how prototypes and iterative processes help mitigate the risks of uncertainty
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Scope of project deliverables
- Identification and management of key stakeholders
- Prevent, minimize and respond to risks
- Assigning tasks and managing project teams
- Project progress and changes
- Leadership and people skills related to project management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Project coordinators and managers
- Project team members
- Anyone who needs to perform project management activities in their role
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma