Operational Risk Mitigation for Drone Operators (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
2-day (6 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Do you want to know where you can fly your drone and how drone strikes can impact other operations and disrupt communities? Join this course to learn about the impacts of unauthorized drone operations at or near airports and learn how to apply good airmanship when operating your drone. Engage with global leaders in the unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) community to acquire the necessary skills for carrying out risk assessments for your own operations and gain knowledge about how to fulfil regulatory requirements for operational risk assessments.
Course Code: TALP-62-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete and be held over 2 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 75 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
7 - 8 November, 2022
Register before 07 Aug, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 24 Oct
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 149095
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
9:00-10:15 & 11:15-12:30 Miami/Montreal
15:00-16:15 & 17:15-18:30 Geneva/Paris
17:00-18:15 & 19:15-20:30 Dubai
13:00-14:15 & 17:00-18:30 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of aircraft, environment, regulations and risks and how to develop proactive approach to mitigating pilot error when operating a drone
- Conduct a risk assessment when flying a drone at or near airports or in high-risk areas, e.g. over densely populated areas
- Know the different standards and regulations and be able to identify how they apply to your own drone operations
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Foundations of airmanship
- Different methodologies and approach for conducting an operational risk assessment
- Variations for risk assessment of different operations
- The implications of different standards (EUROCAE, RTCA, ASTM, etc.) on UAV operations
- Regional variations of UAV-related regulations
- What it takes for safe global or cross border UA operations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Operators of unmanned systems; Public Service departments (Police/Fire), Small UAV for profit operators.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Safety Management in Civil Aviation Diploma
Use Safety Management Systems to improve safety and create business and operational efficiency.