Root Cause Analysis for Civil Aviation Authorities and Air Navigation Service Providers (Classroom, 5 days)
Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate root cause analysis as an effective problem-solving process to find and evaluate the cause of problems. Investigate errors, accidents and incidents and comply with your internal quality processes and international regulations, such as ICAO and EASA using the root cause analysis tools. In this five day course, you will learn the key steps to conducting an effective root cause analysis, which tools to use for root cause identification, and how to develop effective corrective actions plans.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALP-37
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the principles of root cause analysis
- Explain the objectives of root cause analysis as a procedure to find and evaluate the causes of problems
- ▪ Summarize the root cause requirements under ICAO, FAA and EASA
- Describe the problem solving process
- Use problem cause data collection tools
- Apply root cause analysis tools
- Develop efficient corrective action plans
- International requirements: ICAO-SMS framework, EASA, FAA, Transport Canada
- Common root cause analysis errors
- Problem solving process
- Problem cause data collection tools
- Root cause analysis cycle
- Root cause identification tools
- Five “why’s”
- Cause and effect diagram
- Fault tree analysis
- Key steps to conducting an effective root cause analysis
- Corrective action
- Interactive exercises
- Case studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Civil Aviation Authority representatives
- Air Navigation Service Providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: