Developing an Effective Safety Culture (Classroom, 2 days)
Tools to make safety a priority in your organization. A functional safety culture brings open communication, continuous improvement and increased productivity, but requires continuous effort from all levels of the organization. This course presents a rigorous approach to aligning organizational culture with safety culture, allowing you to reinforce safety in your organization and implement a Safety Management System (SMS).
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALS-28
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior understanding of basic safety concepts
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Learn proven skills to lead and drive the SMS implementation in an organization
Put project management essentials into practice
Identify and address the challenges in implementing a SMS
Develop a foundation for risk management
Acquire a comprehensive SMS implementation tool box
Safety Culture Concepts, Rationale
Levels of culture
Benefits of implementing a safety culture
Safety Culture Assessment
Characteristics of a safety culture
How to conduct a safety culture assessment
Safety Culture Alignment within the Organization
Challenges of implementing a safety culture
Considerations for developing a safety culture
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Airline, Airport and Ground Operations Service providers
Corporate and Operational Safety Managers, Analysts, Coordinators
Postholders (Safety, Ground Operations and others)
Airport Safety Officers
Civil Aviation Authority Representatives
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: