Safety and Risk Management for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) (Classroom, 3 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Be brought up to date on the safety implications of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) on civil aviation. The course addresses the emerging safety threats from the introduction of UAS and the work done to regulate, manage and mitigate their impact including related safety assessment methods and techniques. UAS are commonly known as ‘drones’ and are classified by ICAO as Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS).
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training. Course Code:
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Become updated on the latest development in the UAS community
- Obtain knowledge in the fundamentals of safety culture and risk management
- Apply the latest information to manage the threats posed by UAS to civil aviation
- Carry out a safety assessment of UAS risks and threats for unmanned Aviation
- Correct terminology applicable to UAS and their operations
- Current state of the art for regulation and standardization
- Key topics Safety Assessment for UAS operations
- Safety Assessment for drones operations
- Analysis of occurrences involving UAS and the reporting of them
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Safety and operations managers from Airlines, Airports, Air Navigation Services Providers (ANSPs), Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs) and aviation-related organizations
- Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCO)
- Operators of unmanned systems; Public Service departments (Police/Fire), Small UAS for profit operators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.