5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Learn how to maintain a comprehensive and holistic approach to better anticipate and mitigate risks to your operations and business. This course will help you to contextualize security risk management and situate it relative to other risk management processes (safety, operational, business continuity etc.). You will improve your understanding of connections between different types of risks and how they impact the security posture and resilience of the organization.
Course code: TSCS-14
- Participants should have at least three years of managerial responsibility including international exposure.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Establish an information source collection plan to support your security and overall organizational risk assessments
- Conduct analysis of emerging security risk trends and identify precursors to threat situations
- Proactively identify vulnerabilities, think through plausible risk scenarios and resilience strategies
- Navigate through the risk assessment process to enhance data-driven decision making
- Choose which state-of-the-art tools you can use in your risk assessment
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Information sources (actionable intelligence)
- Occurrences and incidents reporting
- Vulnerabilities assessment and change management
- Security risk assessment and risk management
- Integrated approach to risk management
- Emergency response planning
- IATA’s AVSEC Insight tool will be provided for the duration of the course.
- Exercises and case studies; practical exercises based on simulated scenarios
- Final Assessment
This course is recommended for:
- Operational, Safety and Security Risk Managers of airlines, airports, aviation subcontractors and service providers and civil aviation authorities
- Auditors of aviation security and safety
- Independent security consultants and instructors
- Prospective staff trained for the above positions
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.