Security Checkpoint Management (classroom)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 71 participants from 9 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Evaluate the capabilities and limitations of your technology, human factors and processes and define criteria to increase efficiency in your screening operations. This course provides you with the latest assessment techniques for identifying weaknesses in your operations. Develop your staff by implementing stringent recruitment processes and recurrent training programs. Improve the use of your screening technology with the most current information on industry threats, new technologies and x-ray screening techniques.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TSCS-38
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants should have a minimum of two years of experience in aviation or Civil Aviation Authority administration.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify X-ray screener job requirements
- Establish a training program for security screening staff
- Optimize passenger flow at security checkpoints
- Manage screening staff in day-to-day operations
- Establish and maintain threat recognition systems
- Know the screening technologies available on the market
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Background and regulations
- Current trends in aviation security
- Legislative aspects of aviation security
- Customer service vs. securing the flight
- Managing the checkpoint
- Risk-based security
- Security quality control
- Security checkpoint performance
- Passenger process flow
- How to measure performance
- Screening management
- Recruiting screeners
- Building a training program
- Testing and designing drills
- Checkpoint designs
- Screening checkpoint design exercise
- Group exercise
Who should attend
This course is recommended for the following security personnel from all areas of the aviation industry, law enforcement agencies and governments:
- Security managers
- Security screening supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma