Security X-ray Screening Operations (Classroom, 4 days)
Certify your staff for airport baggage, cargo, and mail facility screening according to European Commission regulations. This course provides a solid foundation for new recruits to complement on-the-job training. Using our continuously updated simulation system, participants can practice their x-ray screening and threat detection skills in the safety of the classroom. Course materials comply with EC 185/2010 and EC 300/2008 and are taught by experienced IATA instructors.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TSCS-03
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Certify staff to perform x-ray screening
Certify staff in their field of specialization (baggage or cargo)
Train staff on the current threats to aviation security
Provide a practice environment to apply threat detection methodologies and screening skills
- Background and Regulations
- Aviation security history and current trends
Aviation security legislation
Explosives and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
- X-ray Screening Skills
- X-ray screening equipment and methods
Inner workings of screening equipment
Cargo and mail screening techniques
Health and safety using detection technology
Identifying weapons and IEDs in an x-ray
Screening packed luggage and cargo packages
Who should attend
This course is recommended for entry-level security staff from:
Security service providers
Law enforcement agencies using screening equipment
Mail and courier companies
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: