Selling and Managing Airline Reservations and Travel in Galileo (SMART Galileo)
Selling and Managing Airline Reservations and Travel (SMART) course teaches the skills and knowledge required to sell, make and manage flight, hotel and car reservations in a simulation of the Galileo system.
Serving the needs of a billion travelers every year, the travel and tourism industry continues to grow at an average rate of 4% every year. Developed for beginner level users of Galileo Global Distribution System (GDS), the SMART course will prepare you for a successful career as a global travel professional working in a dynamic and exciting industry.
Course code: TTTG-30
- This course is available in e-book format.
- This course requires approximately 65 hours of study (40 hours online study and 25 hours textbook study) to be completed in 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 475 (e-book)
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Make customer-directed flight/hotel/car bookings received by telephone/email
- Plan efficient and accurate travel itineraries
- Price journeys by air
- Encode and decode standard airline industry codes
- Provide advice on travel products and options
- Process queues and update reservations
- Issue e-tickets
- World geography
- City and airport codes
- Time zones
- Galileo GDS
- Reservation maintenance
- Managing PNR data
- Customer Service
- Electronic ticketing
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agents and tour operators
- Airline ticket agents
- Call center and customer contact agents
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded a Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. The exam can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of questions: 75
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2