Selling and Managing Airline Reservations and Travel in Galileo (SMART Galileo) (partner-taught or self-study)
About the course
65-hour partner-taught or self-study course
Selling and Managing Airline Reservations and Travel (SMART) course teaches the skills and knowledge required to sell, make and manage flight, hotel and car reservations in a simulation of the Galileo system.
Serving the needs of a billion travelers every year, the travel and tourism industry continues to grow at an average rate of 4% every year. Developed for beginner level users of Galileo Global Distribution System (GDS), the SMART course will prepare you for a successful career as a global travel professional working in a dynamic and exciting industry.
Course code: TTTG-30
- This is a partner-taught or self-study course, which will take you approximately 65 hours to complete, (40 hours online study and 25 hours course book study), depending on your previous knowledge and experience.
- The course materials are provided in e-book format.
- You will have 6 months to complete the course and exam (enrollment validity), which starts from the date you purchase the course.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- Performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Please note: Once you have completed the exam you will no longer have access to the course material, and after the 12-month enrollment validity expires you will no longer have access to the course content, nor will you be able to take the exam.
Study with the help of an Instructor
If you would prefer to study this course with the help of a local trainer, enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center near you.
- Please refer to our shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account through our Customer Portal. If you have previously taken a course with IATA, please have your login details ready, if not, you will be prompted to create an account.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, a Training Account must be created for each individual. Registration and payment must be made through each individual Training Account. You may pay for multiple individuals by using one credit card or bank transfer in each individual’s users Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact our Customer Service representatives for more information on how to register multiple users.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Make customer-directed flight/hotel/car bookings received by telephone/email
- Plan efficient and accurate travel itineraries
- Price journeys by air
- Encode and decode standard airline industry codes
- Provide advice on travel products and options
- Process queues and update reservations
- Issue e-tickets
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- City and airport codes
- Time zones
- Sabre GDS
- Reservation maintenance
- Managing PNR data
- Customer Service
- Electronic ticketing
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agents and tour operators
- Airline ticket agents
- Call center and customer contact agents
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an IATA Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. The exam can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 75 multiple-choice questions
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2