Safety Management System (SMS) for Cabin Operations (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
About the course
Following the Industry regulatory requirements and best practices, airlines need to have a program that
ensures its cabin operations personnel are trained and competent to perform SMS duties. This course
provides the required SMS training for cabin crew and enables an effective contribution to SMS at the
corporate level. Learn how to improve your safety reporting processes and how to create functional and valuable Safety
Performance Indicators for Cabin Operations during a series of practical exercises.
Please note: This virtual classroom course is under refinement.
The final course content may be slightly different than displayed. IATA reserves the right to change the course content without notice. Please see our Terms and Conditions.
Course code: TALS-70-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Safety Management System concepts
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Summarize SMS – Cabin operations regulatory
framework and industry best practices
- Improve cabin safety reporting processes
- Manage safety risk within cabin operations based
on industry best practices
- Create functional and valuable Safety Performance
Indicator (SPI) within cabin operations
- Correctly interpret Key SMS Cabin Operations (CAB)
IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices
Latest changes in regulatory framework and
industry best practices
- Safety data collection methods
- Cabin operations hazards
- Safety risk assessment
- Safety Performance Indicators within cabin
- Types of reporting systems
- Challenging SMS - Cabin Operations (CAB)
IOSA Standards and Recommended
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Corporate and operational safety managers,
- Cabin Safety managers
- Cabin crew
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.