Introduction to Safety Management Systems (SMS)
This course will help individuals and organizations understand the function, role and importance of developing and implementing a Safety Management System (SMS).
Course code: TCVG-70
This course is available in e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center
to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 8-10 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
If you are ordering printed materials that will require shipping, please check the shipping fees and applicable taxes.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 230 (eBook) / USD 230 (printed)
USD 250 (eBook) / USD 250 (printed)
What you will learn
Understand the basic knowledge, techniques and skills needed to develop a Safety Management System and measure its performance
Discover how an effective system can reduce costs
Learn cost-effective resource planning
See how safety risks are managed proactively
Explore how to build a positive safety culture within your organization
Introduction to Safety Management Systems
Policy and Objectives
Integrating Airline Management Systems
The regulatory authority’s role in SMS oversight
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Representatives of Civil Aviation Authorities
Experienced managers from airlines, airports, ANS providers, manufacturers and maintenance groups
Supervisors in operations
p>An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Non-supervised online exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience .
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 2.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 36 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 54 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2