Sustainability Best Practices from the Aviation Industry (Classroom, 2 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
At a time when the aviation industry is reeling from the impact of the Covid-19 virus, the need for the industry to be a good corporate citizen has never been greater. Learn how airlines and airports have reconciled the growing demand for air transport services with the need to manage, reduce and minimize their environmental impact, as well as their plans for continued future improvement. Discover how you can evaluate and address the specific environmental challenges facing your organization.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TALL-27
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Identify key factors for a sustainable aviation sector
- Address environmental challenges within a highly regulated transport sector
- Design effective operational and management frameworks for effective communication, response and autonomy
- Discuss environmental sustainability planning and strategy from an aviation perspective
- Aviation climate impacts, the 4-pillar strategy and CORSIA
- Airport and community impacts: Noise and local air quality
- Waste, single-use-plastics and water management on-board and in our buildings
- Biodiversity, illegal wildlife trade and aviation
- Environmental and sustainability management – how we setup our airlines to effectively deal with what matters, when it matters.
- Group presentations
- Final paper
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Aviation and non-aviation learners
- Sustainability managers and teams
- Environmental managers and teams
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: