Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF) - University of Geneva (Classroom)
This two-day course will show you the implications of adopting each method, its challenges but also benefits. At the end, participants will be able to assess each option against their own company and drive an informed decision towards the best option for their business model. As ICAO Member States begin to implement the Carbon Offset and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA), there is growing importance for airlines to have a carbon strategy in order to ensure their business is not only compliant but also profitable. There are three options to comply with the environmental goals of the industry: eligible carbon offsets; sustainable aviation fuel; and low-carbon aviation fuel that meets the ICAO sustainability criteria. This two-day course will show you the implications of adopting each method, its challenges but also benefits.
This course is offered as part of the IATA - University of Geneva Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Environmental Sustainability in Aviation program.
Course Code: TALG-74
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
Please complete the online application form indicating if you wish to register for the complete program or a single course, and attach all required supporting documents.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (UoG-AV-Virtual)
13 - 14 December, 2021
Please register by 29 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 145939
For more information, please contact:
Program Coordinator, Executive Education
Bureau Uni Pignon 604
42 bd du Pont-d'Arve
CH - 1211 Genève 4
Tel: +41 22 379 89 75
You can also apply online
at least two weeks prior to the course start.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Assess the impact of global policy initiatives and global market-based measures (MBM) on the aviation industry
- Analyse the benefits of Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF) for aviation and their environmental impacts
Airline compliance strategy and trading: pricing dynamics and hedging
- Sustainability and compliance of sustainable aviation fuels and lower carbon aviation fuels.
- Manufacturing and purchase cost inputs
- Integration of SAF and low-carbon jet fuels in the jet fuel supply chain; logistics best practice
- Building the SAF and lower carbon aviation fuel business case
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Environment, treasury and corporate communication managers
- Civil aviation authorities, airlines, and environment agencies
- Government agencies and employees
- Fuel purchasers, suppliers, logistics providers and traders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: