Sustainable Passenger Restart Process (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Airports, airlines and other stakeholders involved in the passenger process need to ensure a safe, secure and sustainable restart during the COVID-19 crisis. This course is based on the “Take off” guidance, a framework of risk-based temporary measures for air transport operations issued by the ICAO Council’s Aviation Recovery Task Force (CART). You will learn how to self-assess the impact of bio safety measures on the passenger process and define the most appropriate way to deploy ICAO’s “Take off” guidelines in a specific location and operational reality.
Course Code: TALG-97-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 11 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
30 March - 1 April, 2021
Register before 09 Mar, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 16 Mar
All prices are before tax. Class no: 138244
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
11 - 13 May, 2021
Register before 20 Apr, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 27 Apr
All prices are before tax. Class no: 138369
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Describe the CART implementation process
- Identify how CART measures affect the passenger process
- Assess gaps between local requirements and CART
- Discuss the impact of the measures from an economic, process and capacity point of view
- Plan stakeholder communication and collaboration
- Identify actions to increase capacity
- ICAO CART “Take off” guidelines
- IATA COVID-19 guidance
- IATA’s 14 steps of the passenger process
- IATA’s COVID-19 Terminal capacity impact analysis
- Level of Service
- ICAO Annex 9 (Facilitation)
- Airport Development Reference Manual (ADRM)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
National regulators (CAA, health authorities)
- Airport/airlines managers and supervisors in operation services
- Duty Managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: