Sustainable Passenger Restart Process (classroom)
You can also take this course online in a LIVE virtual classroom setting:
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Airports, airlines and other stakeholders involved in the passenger process need to ensure a safe, secure and sustainable restart during the COVID-19 crisis. This course is based on the “Take off” guidance, a framework of risk-based temporary measures for air transport operations issued by the ICAO Council’s Aviation Recovery Task Force (CART). You will learn how to self-assess the impact of bio safety measures on the passenger process and define the most appropriate way to deploy ICAO’s “Take off” guidelines in a specific location and operational reality.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TALG-97
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
21 - 23 September, 2022
Register before 21 Jun, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 31 Aug
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148915
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Describe the CART implementation process
- Identify how CART measures affect the passenger process
- Assess gaps between local requirements and CART
- Discuss the impact of the measures from an economic, process and capacity point of view
- Plan stakeholder communication and collaboration
- Identify actions to increase capacity
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- ICAO CART “Take off” guidelines
- IATA COVID-19 guidance
- IATA’s 14 steps of the passenger process
- IATA’s COVID-19 Terminal capacity impact analysis
- Level of Service
- ICAO Annex 9 (Facilitation)
- Airport Development Reference Manual (ADRM)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
National regulators (CAA, health authorities)
- Airport/airlines managers and supervisors in operation services
- Duty Managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Passenger Experience Excellence Diploma
Designed to cover passenger experience and digital transformation trends to provide your passengers with a seamless, secure and efficient travel journey that is highly personalized.