Sustainable Passenger Restart Process (classroom)
You can also take this course online in a LIVE virtual classroom setting:
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Airports, airlines and other stakeholders involved in the passenger process need to ensure a safe, secure and sustainable restart during the COVID-19 crisis. This course is based on the “Take off” guidance, a framework of risk-based temporary measures for air transport operations issued by the ICAO Council’s Aviation Recovery Task Force (CART). You will learn how to self-assess the impact of bio safety measures on the passenger process and define the most appropriate way to deploy ICAO’s “Take off” guidelines in a specific location and operational reality.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TALG-97
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Describe the CART implementation process
- Identify how CART measures affect the passenger process
- Assess gaps between local requirements and CART
- Discuss the impact of the measures from an economic, process and capacity point of view
- Plan stakeholder communication and collaboration
- Identify actions to increase capacity
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- ICAO CART “Take off” guidelines
- IATA COVID-19 guidance
- IATA’s 14 steps of the passenger process
- IATA’s COVID-19 Terminal capacity impact analysis
- Level of Service
- ICAO Annex 9 (Facilitation)
- Airport Development Reference Manual (ADRM)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
National regulators (CAA, health authorities)
- Airport/airlines managers and supervisors in operation services
- Duty Managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Passenger Experience Excellence Diploma
Designed to cover passenger experience and digital transformation trends to provide your passengers with a seamless, secure and efficient travel journey that is highly personalized.