Travel and Tourism Workshop (Classroom)
The Travel and Tourism Workshop provides you with a broad understanding of the global Tourism sector and equips you with the knowledge and skills to maximize the business potential of this industry for your market. Over five days you will examine the economic, social and environmental impact of this business from a domestic and international perspective, and learn how you can develop new business prospects to extend your tourism portfolio to include niche markets and tour guiding. You will be provided with guidance on how to understand and implement policies, regulations, and codes of conduct that are associated with the sector, and identify the role and importance of insurance in the industry. The Workshop provides an excellent opportunity to network with like-minded professionals and includes topics to extend your reach such as online booking and marketing.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALF-74
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Comprehend various perspectives on tourism
- Understand the policies, regulations and codes of conduct surrounding initiating tourism services and operations
- Explore various tourism niche markets
- Engage in discussions surrounding issues affecting tourism
- Global tourism
- Tourism business markets
- International tourism development and regulations
- Inbound and outbound tourism
- Tourism services and products
- Contemporary tourism issues
- Each workshop will include lecture content as well as selected activities to supplement course material
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Government officials
- Industry representatives
- Sectoral organizations
- Tourism organization employees
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.