Understanding NDC (Virtual Classroom)
This 4-hour webinar on Understanding New Distribution Capability (NDC) is designed to provide aviation industry consultants with in-depth expertise on NDC. This is a major industry initiative primarily aimed at transforming the current airline model into a customer-driven retail model. NDC aims to enable the distribution capabilities that currently exist on direct channels and move them to indirect channels; enable further revenue generation; and yield improvement through product differentiation and cost efficiency arising from an open standard.
Ultimately, NDC enables the travel industry to transform the way air products are retailed to corporations, leisure and business travelers, by addressing the industry’s current distribution limitations of product differentiation and time-to-market; access to full and rich air content; and a transparent shopping experience.
Course code: TALF-86
- This virtual classroom course provides 4 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have extensive knowledge of airline distribution
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the NDC value proposition
- Assess the impact of NDC on your client’s current IT and business environment
- Describe how to support airline Distribution Strategy Gain from a technical view point
- Recognize NDC architecture and message flows
- Identify large consulting opportunities for airlines, Travel Agencies and IT Providers
- Introduction to NDC
- NDC messages and flows
- NDC reference architecture
- Evolution of payment in the NDC context
- Industry transformation
- Presentation will be provided following the webinar
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- IT and business services consultants
- Airline consultants
- Transportation consultants
- Airline distribution consultants
Upon request, IATA can deliver Certificate of Attendance