Air Cargo Management - University of Geneva (Classroom, 3 days)
Learn the key elements necessary to manage a successful air cargo company.
Fundamental structural changes are taking place in the industry. Volumes are growing rapidly but yields are declining as the high yield traffic moves to integrated operators. For many airlines, the cargo contribution represents the difference between profit and loss on almost all international routes. Cargo management faces challenges as never before.
This course is designed to give managers a better understanding of the new cargo environment so that they can learn to avoid costly strategic and tactical errors and thereby help improve their company’s overall competitive performance.
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program. A related course is also scheduled at our IATA Training Centers.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor / University of Geneva Professor.
- This course has been customized into a three-day format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (UoG-AV-IATA)
7 - 9 June, 2021
Register before 09 Mar, 2021 for a 20% discount
Please register by 17 May
Class no: 118558
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Understand the fundamental changes taking place in the cargo industry
Appreciate the changing needs of shippers
Improve service reliability
Lower operating costs
Understand the role of the key functional areas in cargo such as marketing and sales, finance, operations, information technology and human resources
- Build on the changing role of automation and information technology
Apply key strategic decisions and avoid investment mistakes
Contribute to the improved competitive performance of your cargo business
Key factors in the air cargo industry
Cargo industry forecasts and trends
Determining the gap between industry key success factors and internal competencies
Defining the cargo product
Marketing, sales and revenue issues
The role of processes, standards and measures in cargo operations
Delivering competitive products
Automation in cargo, including enabling technologies such as bar coding, the internet and electronic commerce
Developing a strategy for your cargo business
Updates on the latest industry developments
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Cargo services and operations managers
Cargo business development managers
Cargo marketing and commercial managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will benefit from receiving an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: