Air Cargo Management - University of Geneva (Classroom, 3 days)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 84 participants from 30 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Learn the key elements necessary to manage a successful air cargo company. Fundamental structural changes
are taking place in the industry. Volumes are growing rapidly but yields are declining as the high yield traffic
moves to integrated operators. For many airlines, the cargo contribution represents the difference between
profit and loss on almost all international routes. Cargo management faces challenges as never before.
This course is designed to give managers a better understanding of the new cargo environment so that they
can learn to avoid costly strategic and tactical errors and thereby help improve their company’s overall
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program.
Course Code: TCGG-04
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor / University of Geneva Professor.
- This course has been customized into a three-day format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (UoG-AV-Virtual)
4 - 8 April, 2022
Please register by 14 Mar
All prices are before tax. Class no: 147456
For more information, please contact:
Program Coordinator, Executive Education
Bureau Uni Pignon 604
42 bd du Pont-d'Arve
CH - 1211 Genève 4
Tel: +41 22 379 89 75
You can also apply online
at least two weeks prior to the course start.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental changes taking place in
the cargo industry
- Appreciate the changing needs of shippers
Improve service reliability
- Lower operating costs
- Summarize the role of the key functional areas in
cargo such as marketing and sales, finance,
operations, information technology and human
- Build on the changing role of automation and
Apply key strategic decisions and avoid investment
- Contribute to the improved competitive
performance of your cargo business
Key factors in the air cargo industry
Cargo industry forecasts and trends
Determining the gap between industry key success factors and internal competencies
Defining the cargo product
Marketing, sales and revenue issues
The role of processes, standards and measures in cargo operations
Delivering competitive products
Automation in cargo, including enabling technologies such as bar coding, the internet and electronic commerce
Developing a strategy for your cargo business
Updates on the latest industry developments
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Cargo services and operations managers
Cargo business development managers
Cargo marketing and commercial managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will benefit from receiving an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: