Airline Business Foundations - University of Geneva (Classroom, 3 days)
Gain an understanding of the key principles in running an airline.
Analyze various airline strategies and business models, and learn how they are managed and operated in a competitive global environment. Explore the issues driving the aviation business, recognize factors in successful airline performance, gather best practices from industry experts and learn the latest airline management issues.
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program. A related course is also scheduled at our IATA Training Centers.
Course Code: TALG-35
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor / University of Geneva Professor.
- This course has been customized into a three-day format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (UoG-AV-Virtual)
23 - 25 August, 2020
All prices are before tax. Class no: 118998
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +41 22 379 89 75
Bureau Uni Pignon 604
42 bd du Pont-d'Arve | CH - 1211 Genève 4
You can also apply online at least two weeks prior to the course start.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Understand about the commercial foundation of the airline industry
Apply key trends in today’s industry environment, including: economic, political, demand and supply, revenue and cost
Analyze the airline market and understand how to achieve profitability
Understand how successful airline executives develop broad strategic plans using real-life examples
Understand how leaders are developed and the tools they use to measure and improve performance
Aviation regulatory environments
Aircraft and segmentation
Cost containment: typical airline cost structure
Impact of new technologies
Leadership development and performance management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Professionals in the aviation, travel and transportation industries with a minimum of 3 years work experience
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will benefit from receiving an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: