Airline Finance and Accounting Management - University of Geneva (Classroom, 3 days)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 85 participants from 31 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Identify key elements in analyzing the financial performance of your airline.
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program. A related course is also scheduled at our IATA Training Centers.
Course Code: TALF-60
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor / University of Geneva Professor.
- This course has been customized into a three-day format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (UoG-AV-Virtual)
7 - 9 June, 2021
Please register by 16 May
All prices are before tax. Class no: 128619
For more information, please contact:
Program Coordinator, Executive Education
Bureau Uni Pignon 604
42 bd du Pont-d'Arve
CH - 1211 Genève 4
Tel: +41 22 379 89 75
You can also apply online
at least two weeks prior to the course start.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the key factors affecting financial results
- Read and analyze airline financial statements
- Develop a functional approach to cost management, including how to initiate change and improve performance<
- Compare your airline’s performance (benchmark) against other airlines
The role of finance in the organization
Management of airline current assets
Analysis of financial performance
Airline costs classification
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Financial officers and accountants
Business unit managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will benefit from receiving an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: