Airport Business Management - University of Geneva (classroom)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 103 participants from 34 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
During the last two decades, airports have changed from government-run terminals to multinational businesses with complex operational environments. Learn how to strategize marketing opportunities and competitive threats, and achieve goals by using performance management systems.
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program.
Course Code: TAPG-48
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor / University of Geneva Professor.
- This course has been customized into a three-day format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Analyze airports as operational systems and as self-sustained businesses with growth potential
Identify and apply the key lines of business and the correlation to customers, vendors and other stakeholders
Use performance management systems to effectively act on adopted strategies
Respond to customer and competitive demands by recognizing appropriate methods to redesign core airport processes
- Introduction to airport business
Strategic business planning
Evaluation and monitoring of airport business performance
Key elements of airport total quality management
Airport development and the environment
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Postgraduate-level students interested to learn the basics of airport business management.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will benefit from receiving an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
IATA - University of Geneva Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Aviation Management
Designed for working professionals, the Diploma of Advanced Studies in Aviation Management offers a unique combination of academic and industry expertise, and can be pursued on a part-time basis.