Aviation Security Management - University of Geneva (Classroom, 3 days)
Since 2001 the challenges and risks to the aviation industry have been growing rapidly. International civil aviation has suffered a series of attacks targeting airlines, airports, and other civil infrastructures. Learn about current security threats and how to manage security risks related to passengers and cargo. Gain knowledge of aviation security from a management perspective and explore the issues facing Aviation Security Service (Avsec) management. Review techniques to conduct business while complying with national and international legislation.
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program. A related course is also scheduled at our IATA Training Centers.
Course code: TSCV-04
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor / University of Geneva Professor.
- This course has been customized into a three-day format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Expand your knowledge of the aviation security sector
Describe how aviation security is integrated into the aviation industry
Understand the concept of securing air transportation through risk based security
Analyze how business decisions are being effected by threats and risks
Explain international legislation for the aviation security sector
Recognize how security is implemented in different regions such as Europe and the United States
Understand how emergency planning is a vital component of a stable security system
Identifying and managing security risks
Assessing threats in reference to the most current trends
The legal framework of international aviation security
The concept and implementation of aviation security
Emergency planning and response
Integrating human factors into an organization
Building a security culture in non-security personnel
Communicating with stakeholders in counter security entities in emergency situations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Border Control Authorities
Airline and Airport Operators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will receive an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: