Aviation Security Management - University of Geneva (Classroom, 3 days)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 84 participants from 32 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Since 2001 the challenges and risks to the aviation industry have been growing rapidly. International civil
aviation has suffered a series of attacks targeting airlines, airports, and other civil infrastructures. Learn about
current security threats and how to manage security risks related to passengers and cargo. Gain knowledge of
aviation security from a management perspective and explore the issues facing Aviation Security Service
(Avsec) management. Review techniques to conduct business while complying with national and international
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program.
Course code: TSCV-04
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor / University of Geneva Professor.
- This course has been customized into a three-day format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Minimum of two years of aviation administration experience
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (UoG-AV-Virtual)
16 - 20 May, 2022
Please register by 25 Apr
All prices are before tax. Class no: 140409
For more information, please contact:
Program Coordinator, Executive Education
Bureau Uni Pignon 604
42 bd du Pont-d'Arve
CH - 1211 Genève 4
Tel: +41 22 379 89 75
You can also apply online
at least two weeks prior to the course start.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Expand your knowledge of the aviation security
- Describe how aviation security is integrated into the
- Recognize the concept of securing air
transportation through risk-based security
- Analyze how business decisions are being affected
by threats and risks
- Explain international legislation for the aviation
- Recognize how security is implemented in different
regions such as Europe and the United States
- Discuss how emergency planning a vital component
of a stable security system
Identifying and managing security risks
Assessing threats in reference to the most current trends
The legal framework of international aviation security
The concept and implementation of aviation security
Emergency planning and response
Integrating human factors into an organization
Building a security culture in non-security personnel
Communicating with stakeholders in counter security entities in emergency situations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Border Control Authorities
Airline and Airport Operators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will receive an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: