Leading Across Cultures - University of Geneva (Classroom, 3 days)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 90 participants from 37 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Discuss cultural biases and develop and apply a culture model at various levels; understand how culture impacts management practice.
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program. A related course is also scheduled at our IATA Training Centers.
Course code: TAPH-47
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor / University of Geneva Professor.
- This course has been customized into a three-day format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to::
- Reflect critically on your own leadership style and develop culturally responsive leadership skills
- Identify the characteristics of effective teams and develop the ability to create and maintain high performing teams
- Analyze the way culture influences individuals, teams, and organizations
- Manage yourself and others more effectively
- Develop awareness of one's own cultural biases
- Explore the ways in which culture can be analyzed
- Examine how culture impacts management practice
- Evaluate different approaches to managing cultural differences and diversity
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will benefit from receiving an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: