Managing a Travel Business - University of Geneva
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 100 participants from 31 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Understand the key roles and activities in running a travel distribution business and learn travel management principles and strategies. Gain knowledge of the interdependence between transportation and tourism and identify modern tourism trends. Learn how to develop leadership skills within an agency to drive high performance, and how the key to travel sales success is through customer-centricity.
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program.
Course code: TTTG-51
- Participants will be required to have knowledge of basic travel industry
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Manage product development and event planning
- Develop marketing and promotion strategies
- Explain how to provide customer service
- Identify strategies to generate sales and manage relationship marketing
- Recognize the importance of leadership and management skills in commercial and business context
- The evolution in the travel professional’s skills and qualities
- Sustainable mobility and its implications for tourism
- The shift in balance from traditional distribution fields
- Marketing planning as an iterative process
- Effective management and leadership skills
- The “service” marketing approach
- Case studies
- Group activities
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agency staff
- Sales staff in travel industry
- Travel consultants
- Managers in travel industry
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will benefit from receiving an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: