Managing a Travel Business - University of Geneva
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 86 participants from 33 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Understand the key roles and activities in running a travel distribution business and learn travel management principles and strategies.
Gain knowledge of the interdependence between transportation and tourism and identify modern tourism trends. Learn how to develop leadership skills within an agency to drive high performance, and how the key to travel sales success is through customer-centricity.
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program. A related course is also scheduled at our IATA Training Centers.
Course code: TTTG-51
- This is a 2-month online course
- This course has been customized into a 2-month online format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants will be required to have knowledge of basic travel industry distribution models
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (UoG-AV-Virtual)
25 - 29 January, 2021
All prices are before tax. Class no: 128620
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +41 22 379 89 75
Bureau Uni Pignon 604
42 bd du Pont-d'Arve | CH - 1211 Genève 4
You can also apply online at least two weeks prior to the course start.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Understand the contribution of transportation to tourism
Define key tourism industry terms and trends
Apply negotiation tactics and techniques
Identify needs of the modern traveler
Understand the shift of balance in the distribution field
Apply principles and strategies to supervision and management
Develop specialty tour products and manage MICE events
Reference fundamentals of travel marketing and identify marketing trends
Recruitment and selection
Training, coaching and motivating
Selling and negotiating
Tour development and event planning
Marketing and promotion
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Travel industry suppliers
Travel business managers and administration
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will benefit from receiving an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: