Be prepared for the future of Finance!
Thanks to technology, Finance will engage in more value-adding activities and become a strategic business partner. Be a driver of this transformation and digitalization of the airline business and help your airline become a high performing finance organization (HIPO).
The IATA Finance Academy has been developed by and for the industry to transform airline finance teams into High Performing Organizations (HIPO). Its goal is to equip airline finance professionals with the critical skillset to take on today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
- Contribute to the airline's digital transformation
- Reach new heights by developing your management and soft skills in projects and processes, airline business transformation, the use of new technologies, decision support and analytics
- Develop highly demanded technical skills in payment, liquidity planning, aircraft financing, cost or enterprise risk management
- Take an active role in helping Finance streamline and automate transactional tasks and engage in more value-adding activities
- Expand your view on key airline business challenges and become a strategic business partner
- Airline professionals in Finance, Distribution, Marketing, E-commerce, Purchasing, Procurement, Fuel, IT and Project Management
- Digitalization of the airline business
- Using data for decision-making
- Partnering with the business to accelerate performance
- New and specialized technical skills
- Manage projects, change and business transformation
Business Partnering for Airline Finance
Champion a data and analytics-driven culture through an increased understanding of business challenges, effective communication and collaboration
Data Science and Decision Support for Airline Finance
Interpret business needs and build financial models that will assist in decision-making, achieve better compliance and control, strategic risk and resilience, and improved overall data-driven financial management and business performance.
Fundamentals of Project Management for Airline Finance
Use project management methods and tools to implement strategic finance initiatives and maximize the benefits of effective business transformation.
Aircraft Financing for Airline Finance
Evaluate financing options and maximize the efficiency, cost-effectiveness and compliance of your lease and financing activities
Airline Cost Management
Identify, measure and analyze key cost elements and drivers, and make better decisions based on data to enhance performance
Airlines Understanding and Adopting NDC
Review what NDC is all about, including offer and order management, application program interface (API) and schemas, reference architecture and building blocks. Learn to identify the most relevant deployment options for your distribution strategy.
IFRS 16, Accounting for Leases in the Aviation Industry
Be prepared as IFRS 16 (International Financial Reporting Standards - Leases) is effective for annual periods beginning on or after 1 January 2019.
Liquidity Planning for Airline Finance
Use methodologies, technology and data to improve airline forecast precision, minimizing financial risks and costs related to liquidity
Tax Planning and Compliance for International Airline Professionals
Identify key tax and compliance issues and mitigate possible risks to your business. Learn about different tax systems, indirect and direct taxation relevant to aviation, the tax treatment of flight and cabin crew members.