The Program provides airlines and other operator training organizations dedicated to air transportation, with the opportunity to acquire certification from IATA, recognizing that their specific training course is benchmarked against and meet high-quality international training standards.
Organizations that successfully pass an assessment of a specific training program, conducted by an IATA assessor, to determine conformity with the training provision and requirements as per the IATA manuals, standards and guidelines, will be awarded with a Certificate of Validation.
The validation of the training program is granted after an a review of the operators': training procedure manual, lesson plan, course material, evaluation and assessment, and instructional personnel, and found to meet the program's criteria.
The process to achieve certification and to maintain it includes four phases:
- Assessment: carry out a gap analysis of the training program against the Training Program Audit Checklist to determine whether the requirements are being met and, if not, what steps should be taken to ensure they are met successfully.
- Validation: conduct a final validation to verify that the findings and gaps brought up during the assessment have been addressed to determine conformity with the criteria and standards set forth in the program.
- Certification: being awarded, after successful completion of the validation, with a Certificate of Validation, attesting that the course meets the training provision in the respective IATA manuals, standards and guidelines. The certificate is valid for 24 months.
- Re-certification: re-validation to check and ensure continuous improvements and conformity with the criteria and standards set forth in the program.
The program incorporates the training provisions and requirements as found in the IATA’s standards, manuals, guidelines and industry best practices
The training program courses that are available for validation are primarily for operational-related functions in the following areas:
- Aircraft Ground Movement
- Aircraft Handling and Loading
- Cargo and Mail Handling
- Passenger and Baggage Operations
- Ramp Handling and Load Control
Interested in becoming certified?
Is your company an airline, airport, cargo terminal operator, freight forwarder, ground handling agent?