The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) – Edition 2021 (62nd) will introduce new training requirements for Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) implementation.
IATA recognizes the challenges faced by many organizations to transform traditional instructional learning into Competency-Based Training and Assessment while keeping up with industry requirements and regulations.
Guidance Material for the Implementation of CBTA in Dangerous Goods
The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) – Edition 2021 (62nd) includes Appendix H - Dangerous Goods Training Guidelines - Compentency-based Training and Assessment Approach.
Supporting the industry
To support the industry with the development and implementation of Competency-Based Training and Assessment, IATA has established the following solutions and services.
Designed for well-established operational job functions, which require introductory and basic level of proficiency in dangerous goods.
Developed for well-established operational job functions, which require intermediate and advanced level of proficiency in dangerous goods. These courses are available in classroom or virtual classroom format.
Available for any of the existing training courses for in-house delivery based on your learner and business objectives.
- A certification program that enables organizations across the aviation industry to assess and improve their training program, instructional material and content, and provide employees with high-quality and effective internationally recognized training.
- Organizations will be recognized with a Certificate of Validation, attesting that the training given to employees meets the training standards set by IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations for Competency-based Training and Assessment.
- Organizations will be able to provide employees with co-branded IATA course certificates.
Training consultancy and capacity development to implement Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) Programs for Dangerous Goods.
Drawing on IATA expertise in aviation standards, safety oversight and compliance monitoring, we provide effective knowledge transfer training services to support organizations across the aviation Industry looking to strengthen their in-house dangerous goods training and development programs.
IATA Training has comprehensive experience in the full array of business challenges facing the aviation training sector. Our experience of working in over 120 countries enables us to effectively engage with our clients across the globe. We investigate and listen to our client’s training needs and provide targeted knowledge transfer solutions to enhance training effectiveness and performance.
Our Training Consultancy services include:
- Training needs analysis (TNA)
- Custom training design
- Qualification of workplace learning facilitators
- Training policy and strategy development
- Training plan development
Senior Manager, Training Consultancy & Validation Programs
Experienced senior manager with 20 years in the aviation business. Yaniv has managed and planned a large number of consultancy projects specifically in the design, development and delivery of custom training programs.
Yaniv's expertise has included worldwide responsibility and leadership as the product lead for the faculty of cargo and logistics studies at IATA Training. Throughout his career Yaniv has demonstrated the skills and abilities to manage complex projects in difficult and challenging environments while displaying a high sensitivity for cultural differences and making client satisfaction the highest priority.
- Managed and planned over 50 consultancy projects of various scales around the world
- Managed the faculty of cargo and logistics studies at IATA Training
- Delivery of numerous commercial and partnership agreements with major organizations
Please fill out the form below for more information on this or any other training solution or service.