Aviation Virtual & Augmented Reality Summit
AVARS 2018 is the first event of its kind to focus on VR and AR in the aviation industry. The summit will provide an opportunity for aviation industry stakeholders to connect with VR/AR manufacturers and developers to foster collaboration, share best practices and use case studies to encourage greater adoption around the industry.
June 5 - June 6, 2018
Open to all
Today, aviation stakeholders are leveraging VR/AR to enhance training, improve the bottom line, and increase efficiency of day-to-day operations. All of these operations are enhanced through hands-free interaction and improved presentation of relevant real-time information.
Adoption around the industry
- DHL provides visual displays for order picking instructions
- KLM has begun training engineers on emergency evacuation scenarios
- Japan Airlines trains engine mechanics by extracting and manipulating parts from a simulation
- IATA brings the ramp closer than ever to train supervisors on how to perform turnaround inspections and marshaling
- SITA allows airport operational data to be visualized and analyzed in a real-time 3D view of the airport
- Various airlines such as Air France and Lufthansa also offer an enhanced passenger experience through immersive experiences that transport the passenger to their destination of choice, allow them to compare aircraft seats and even increase their ancillary revenue through seat upgrades.
Why should you attend?
- You will benefit from hearing about how VR/AR technology is used in the aviation industry in training, operations and passenger experience to name a few
- You will hear and learn from VR/AR use cases from other industries
- You will have the opportunity to network with aviation stakeholders who have started using VR/AR in their businesses and apply it to your organization
- Ticket cost: USD 200, special rates for IATA member airlines and Strategic Partners
- Kevin O'Sullivan, Director of Emerging Technologies,
- Jordi Boza, Director of Sales, Vuzix
- Ralf-Maximilian Jungkunz, Head of Department, Aviation Logistics, Fraunhofer Institute
- Mark Sage, Executive Director, AREA
- Kevin Phelan, Aira.io
Thierry Masse, Director, PTC
- Nikolas Jaeger, CEO, InflightVR
- Sara Bagassi, Assistant Professor University of Bologna, Retina Project
- Felicity Starr, Strategic Account Manager, Salesforce
- Luca Chittaro, Professor, Human Computer Interaction Lab, University of Udine