A-Z of baggage processing
Volume 1 of this online (wiki-based) publication provides an insight into the key features of baggage operations. It talks through the potential issues that might occur along the processes and suggests ways to overcome them.
In 2012 0.88% of worldwide baggage was mishandled, costing the industry $2.6 billion. (SITA Baggage Report 2013).
View the Table of Contents (pdf). Future volumes will include topics such as baggage system designs as well as video interviews with baggage industry personnel, interactive webcasts. Stay tuned!
Comprehensive insight into baggage chain processes
Key features and benefits include:
- A step by step review of the baggage chain processes
- Lessons learned from IATA Baggage Improvement Program that consulted with over 60 airlines at more than 200 airports, identifying baggage issues and recommending solutions
- Direct knowledge from IATA Baggage Services consulting
- The application of IATA baggage standards, resolutions and recommended practices (these are listed in the Passenger Services Conference Resolutions Manual)
- A guide to all the different types of baggage messages
- A look to the future of baggage handling and how InBag is working with the industry
- Contributions from the baggage industry subject matter experts
- Interact with the community and join the discussion
- Stay up-to-date and relevant with regular content updates
Station Managers, Ground Handlers & Operators, Baggage Consultants, Check-in Agents, Lost Bag Couriers, Baggage Service Providers.
||Online publication (wiki-based)
||US$199 (Member Airline & Strategic Partner discounts apply)
||Volume discounts (pdf) available