Introducing the new IATA Desktop Reader for Windows®
All of your favorite publications from IATA are being migrated to one simple platform: IATA Desktop Reader.
IATA Desktop Reader is free to download and install on any Windows® computer. This single application will gradually replace all of our standalone applications. When you purchase an IATA Reader document, there’s no need to install a new application on your computer. Just download the document, open it in IATA Reader and get to work!
Get the Reader
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP2
The IATA Reader is available for Windows computers only.
Mobile versions of IATA publications are available for other platforms.
- Intel Pentium or compatible processor
- 16-bit colour display, 1024 x 768 resolution or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Internet connection (for automatic updates and downloads)
- Publication requirements are provided with each publication. Publications are sold separately.
- By default, the IATA Reader application is installed for Current User (to the User profile folder) and does not require administrator permissions. The advantage of installing for Current User is elevated permissions will not be required if an update to the application needs to be installed.
- To install the IATA Reader for All Users instead (to C:\Program Files (x86)\, for example), execute the setup file with Run as an administrator.
IATA Publication Document
- IATA Reader publication documents (.mirdoc) are not installed to the same folder as the IATA Reader application itself. The publication documents are always installed for Current User (to the User profile folder), not requiring administrator permissions. This allows for updates to publication documents to be installed without elevated permissions being needed.
Microsoft .NET Framework
- The installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework requires administrator permissions. Computers with Windows 8 and higher typically already have .NET Framework 4.0 installed.
For full requirements and installation details, review the Readme file.