Lithium batteries are dangerous goods, and can pose a safety risk if not prepared and shipped in compliance with international transport regulations.
Let the IATA LBSG (3rd Edition) guide you step by step through the shipping process. It’s everything you need to safely and efficiently prepare lithium battery shipments in compliance with international air transport regulations. NEW and NOW available in the following formats:
+ features available on the CD ROM and eDownload versions.
Although designed with manufacturers and shippers of lithium batteries and lithium battery powered equipment in mind, the LBSG can equally be used by freight forwarders to assist them in discussions with their customers, as well as a reference by airlines and ground handlers.
The LBSG can also be purchased as an organization-wide floating license. Please see our Floating License offer or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Purchasing Enquiries: email@example.com
IATA Subject Matter Experts: firstname.lastname@example.org
For LBSG (CD-ROM & eDownload):
- Windows XP sp2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8*, Windows 10*
- Intel Pentium or compatible processor
- 16 bit colour display, 800 x 600 resolution (1024 x 768 or higher recommended)
- CD-ROM drive (if product was delivered on CD)
- 150 MB or more available hard disk space
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installer is included in the product software setup package)
- Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader software version 6.0 or higher (Adobe Reader software installer is included with this CD)
- Administrator permissions during product installation and updates
- Internet connection (for automatic updates)
* Under Windows 8 / 10, the .NET Framework 2.0 must be downloaded from Microsoft's website and installed before this IATA application. Requires internet and administrator permissions.
For LBSG (Online):
Login to LBSG online
A permanent internet connection is required.
Flash player is required **
1280 x 720 or higher on a desktop is recommended
The site is responsive and as such can be viewed on smaller devices, such as mobiles & tablets.
Safari (7+ on Mac)
Edge, Firefox & Chrome - each browser's latest major release and previous three major versions
Any modern browser (including previous versions of Edge, Firefox & Chrome) should work in full as long as the technical requirements are met. However they are not tested and supported directly.
Mobile & Mobile Devices **
Firefox for Android
Modern browsers shipped with mobile operating systems (such as Android Lollipop or Windows 8 Phone) should work in full as long as the technical requirements are met. However they are not tested and supported directly.
** Flash is used to animate the packing examples, a still image image is displayed if flash is not installed.