Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR)
The Global Standard for Remaining Fresh in the Air
Optimize your time and temperature supply chain management with crucial information on the transport of temperature-sensitive healthcare products as well as pharmaceutical product information based on WHO guidelines.
The Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR) is the leader in temperature control and cold chain management for goods from the health care and food sectors, including pharmaceutical products and non-hazardous biological materials and includes everything you need to properly prepare, package and handle time and temperature sensitive goods quickly and efficiently.
The PCR provides you access to the most current and efficient practices for your perishable cargo operations and an integral tool to achieve cost savings and avoiding delays by guaranteeing your shipments are problem-free and compliant with international or local regulations. The PCR includes:
- Up-to-date airline and government requirements pertaining to the transport of perishable cargo
- Requirements on handling, marking & labeling
- Necessary packaging requirements
- Information on the necessary documentation required when transporting perishable cargo
- A comprehensive classification of 100’s of perishable commodities
Who needs the PCR?
The PCR is a necessity for everyone involved in the transport of perishable goods by air and is specifically geared towards:
- Commercial shippers
- Shippers of fresh fruits and flowers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Ground Handlers
- Freight Forwarders
Features of the ePCR
The ePCR, combines the full content of the PCR along with many features not available with the printed manual to help you find what you're looking for quickly and efficiently.
- Ease-of-use – enhanced navigation, and sorting capabilities
- Global search – global keyword search to quickly find what you're looking for
- Tabs – open the manual in a new tab to create customized versions with favorites, mark ups such as annotations and highlights or simply to open in a dedicated section
- Favorites – bookmark frequently referenced passages and sections for quick and easy access
- Supporting documents section – access to downloadable fillable forms, checklists and Special inserts.
- Interactive Table 5.2A – filter, sort, and customize 5.2A (the list of perishables) to your liking
- Annual changes – identify everything that's changed in a section outlining all the regulatory changes incorporated in the given edition
If you are a large airline, freight forwarder or shipper and are interested in a floating license version of the ePCR for your organization, please visit our floating license page
for more information including availability, pricing and requirements.