Timatic is the database of Passport, Visa and Health regulations used by the entire aviation industry. Airlines and travel agents use Timatic to provide advice on border requirements to passengers at the time of booking, and airlines use it at the time of boarding to ensure that passengers have sufficient travel documents for their destination and any transit points. If your passengers do not have sufficient travel documents, they will not be carried by the airline!
Timatic is comprised of:
- Passport regulations and recommendations
- Visa requirements and recommendations
- Health requirements and recommendations
- Airport tax to be paid by the traveler at either departure or arrival airport
- Customs regulations relating to import/export of goods and small pets by a passenger
- Currency regulations relating to import and export by a passenger
- News relating to changes in immigration rules or practices
Providing customers with Passport, Visa and Health travel document information is a complicated and time consuming task. In order to simplify this task IATA has redeveloped TimaticWeb and launched a new solution called TimaticWeb 2. TimaticWeb 2 simplifies and speeds up the task of providing information to passengers. TimaticWeb 2 will help you to work more efficiently, while at the same time enhancing the service you provide to your customers.
In addition to providing personalized Passport, Visa, Health, Customs, Currency and Airport Tax information, TimaticWeb 2 includes the following new features:
- Cobranding and integration options for your own website
- ‘Send to traveler’ options
- Default settings which can be personalized
- Traveler and Route Templates
- Sub-account creation and management
- Detailed management and usage reports
Benefits of TimaticWeb 2:
- Enhance the service you provide to your passenger customers
- Differentiate your company from your competitors
- Improve your efficiency as customers can help themselves using the cobranded version of TimaticWeb 2
- Reduce inadmissible passenger fines
For more information check out the TimaticWeb 2 Video
TimaticWeb 2 Cobranding
TimaticWeb 2 enables you to easily create your own cobranded version of TimaticWeb 2 with no programing skills required. The cobranded site can be included on your external website or internal intranet site(s). This provides your customers and staff with a seamless experience when accessing Timatic information on your site(s).
See how these companies have creatively branded TimaticWeb*:
*All these sites are based on the original version of TimaticWeb. TimaticWeb 2 includes many new features enabling enhanced rebranding of the cobranded site and the results provided to users.
Many travel agents and airlines have included co-branded TimaticWeb in their internal and customer facing websites, and even onto self-service check-in kiosks!
For more information view the Cobranding Video
Subscribing to TimaticWeb 2
You can subscribe to TimaticWeb 2 at the TimaticWeb 2 - Subscription page. After successfully registering, you can access the service immediately.
If you would like to try TimaticWeb 2 before purchasing it, you can signup for a one month free trial at TimaticWeb 2. This trial gives you full access to the TimaticWeb 2 features and 10 free transactions per day.
For more information, go to TimaticWeb 2 and or contact us at customerservice.INDP@iata.org
Documentation Control and Passenger Assessment. Get practical knowledge and tools about travel tocuments required prior boarding, recognize potentially disruptive passengers, prevent delays and avoid penalties due to inadmissible passengers.