World Air Transport Statistics (WATS)
WATS is the air transport industry's most comprehensive and up-to-date reference digest and offers extensive coverage of a wide range of critical industry issues.
Have a complete statistical picture of the airline industry in 2014 with the 59th edition of the World Air Transport Statistics (WATS). This digest draws from over half a century of experience to assemble the key figures of more than 200 airlines, including low cost carriers.
It now includes three appendices for your reference:
View WATS 59 Table of Contents (pdf)
WATS leverages valuable insider information
- Demand for air transport: traffic operations, performance of major route areas, passenger and freight forecasts, world airport rankings
- Supply of air transport: capacity in terms of number of seats, number of scheduled flights by aircraft type
- Performance of the airline industry: safety statistics, financial results, fuel performance
- Airline rankings: top 100 airlines and alliance statistics; rankings in terms of international, domestic and total scheduled passengers, freight tonnes, passenger kilometres, number of employees and aircraft as well as by operating revenues and by operating profit. It now contains a total of eleven different rankings.
- WATS is timely published in June each year
- WATS is detailed and comprehensive
- WATS is accurate. The team works closely with its member airlines to ensure the quality of the data
- Financial institutions
- Consulting companies
- Educational institutions
- Aviation manufacturers
- Technical staff
Download the WATS 59th highlights poster
The latest WATS release is now summarized in an informative infographic. Fill out the information below to access this free download.