Monthly Traffic Statistics
IATA offers you the timeliest reports for airline traffic monitoring, representing the entire industry and all regions.
Monthly Statistics cover traffic figures for both passenger and cargo carriers, and include an executive summary analyzing monthly trends from IATA's Chief Economist Office.
Traffic data at your fingertips
Introducing Monthly Statistics+ with the following added features:
- published every 3 weeks (compared to 5 or 6) - half the lag, most frequent update available for this kind of data in the market
- additional data from 35-40 airlines, including all significant low-cost carriers - making the statistics the most representative picture of the industry
- addition of domestic traffic and capacity on top of the existing international data
- Traffic data for the Industry and by Region from 2010 onwards with seasonally adjusted series, complemented with airline individual data
- updated every 5 or 6 weeks and released along with a monthly trends report from IATA's Chief Economist Office
- Monthly Statistics by Route Area - Traffic data per Route Area from 2010 onwards
- Monthly Historic Statistics - Traffic data per Region from 1990-2009
- Monthly Statistics Open License - subscribe to provide access to an unlimited number of users within your organization
Collected directly from the airlines, this information is accurate, most up to date, actual
traffic data that is not based on scheduled capacity thus further accounting for accuracy.
- Precise, absolute market size data for the entire air transport industry, as well as percentage growth rates
- Data refer to actual traffic performed, rather than just based on schedules
- Statistics are calculated from a sample representing approximately 91% of global Passenger, and 97% Cargo scheduled traffic, including both legacy and low-costs carriers, IATA member and non-member airlines, mixed and cargo-only operators, global and regional carriers
- Airline variables for more than 170 carriers, providing a unique opportunity for analysts to benchmark individual carrier performances
- Data delivered in user-friendly Excel format: Monthly Statistics + delivered approximately 22 days, Monthly Statistics 35-40 days, and Monthly Statistics by Route Area 45 days after month closure
EULA terms and conditions (pdf)