Monthly Traffic Statistics
IATA offers you the timeliest reports for airline traffic monitoring, representing the entire industry and all regions.
Monthly Statistics cover traffic figures for both passenger and cargo carriers, and include an executive summary analyzing monthly trends from IATA's Chief Economist Office.
Traffic data at your fingertips
- Monthly Statistics – Traffic data for the Industry and by Region from 2010 onwards with seasonally adjusted series, complemented with airline individual data
- Monthly Historic Statistics – Traffic data per Region from 1990-2009
- Monthly Statistics by Route - Traffic data per Route Area from 2010 onwards
Collected directly from the airlines, this information is accurate, most up to date, actual
traffic data (pdf) that is not based on scheduled capacity thus further accounting for accuracy.
- Precise, absolute market size data for the entire air transport industry, as well as percentage growth rates
- Data covers all markets and reflects all airlines
- Global coverage of both passenger and cargo traffic
- Data refer to actual traffic performed, rather than just based on schedules
- Inclusion of both international and domestic markets
- Statistics are calculated from a sample representing approximately 90% of global scheduled traffic, including both legacy and low-costs carriers, IATA member and non-member airlines, mixed and cargo-only operators, global and regional carriers
- Airline variables for more than 130 carriers, providing a unique opportunity for analysts to benchmark individual carrier performances
- Data delivered in user-friendly Excel format: Monthly Statistics delivered approximately 35 days after month closure and Monthly Statistics by Route 45 days after month closure
- Easy download, directly from IATA site
- New metrics for Industry and Regional data: Passengers (PAX), Freight (FRT) and distinction between Premium class and Economy class
EULA terms and conditions (pdf)