Air Traffic Management / Air Navigation Services
Global perspective drawing on extensive in-house expertise and unique access to ANS specialists worldwide
With escalating traffic growth and resultant capacity constraints, modern air traffic services face considerable challenges. IATA offers a wide range of CNS/ATM-related consulting services, as well as training and specialized professional advice, to assist ANSPs and operators in developing the highest quality aviation-focused services and operational procedures.
By drawing on unparalleled expertise in CNS/ATM-related applications, IATA is a leader in the implementation of new technology.
Using its capability for the deployment of experts from offices across the globe, IATA has successfully completed CNS/ATM-related projects in Europe, Africa, Central and South America, Asia, the Caribbean and the Middle East on behalf of Civil Aviation Authorities, ANSPs, airlines, airport authorities and international agencies.
Our key consulting services include:
ANS Master Planning
- Preparation of a Master Plan for the optimal development of Air Navigation Services
- Provision of adequate capacity to meet the projected demand
- Determination of User needs and constraints
- Analysis of all pertinent issues by a team of experts
- Interface issues between airports and ANS
- Best location of ANS services and facilities
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- CNS/ATM Implementation
- Analysis of existing ANS facilities and services
- Unbiased determination of operational requirements
- ANS rationalization & Aeronautical studies
- ANS modernization and transition planning
Demand / Capacity Studies / Airspace Optimization
- Establishment of the nature, degree and level of congestion parameters relevant to a particular airspace
- Identification of bottlenecks / determination of maximum and sustainable capacity / Level of Service (LOS)
RNAV (GNSS) Procedures Development & Implementation
IATA has in recent years encouraged the development of practical GPS/GNSS applications as part of the transition toward new CNS/ATM. The IATA's RNAV (GNSS) Procedure Implementation Package can be tailored to the specific needs of each State.
The full package includes:
- Development of RNAV (GNSS) Non-Precision Approach Procedures
- WGS-84 surveys
- Development of Standard Instrument Departure (SID) and Arrival (STAR) Procedures
- Drafting of necessary national GNSS legislation and regulations
- Training workshops and seminars
- Quality Assurance