Threat & Risk Audit Matrix (TRAM) & Toolkit
A Threat & Risk Audit Matrix (TRAM) enables you to identify, calculate and monitor your aviation security Residual Risks.
Despite exhaustive attempts to make your operations more secure and mitigate all potential issues, Residual Risk remains. The question to ask is - how big is your residual risk - and does it fit with your risk appetite?
What is IATA's Threat & Risk Audit Matrix?
Our TRAM is designed to help you score your strategic, tactical and/or operational threats; the vulnerabilities, consequences and the existing mitigation.
In effect, the TRAM and associated Toolkit allows you to evidence and calculate the Residual Risk you and your organization are carrying. Enabling you to better understand and refine your mitigation strategies. This helps you prioritize and/or reallocate precious time, effort, resources and funds to better balance your Residual Risks in line with your risk appetite and Board security priorities.
What are the challenges?
- To better identify, monitor and report upon your Residual Risks – facilitating improved prioritization and resource allocation decisions
- To find a simple, reliable and easily tailored process that supports your internal security decision making process in the short, medium and long term
- To provide evidence-based risk assessment information in a clear and logical fashion to support strategic, tactical and operational security judgements
- To identify areas where security resources or processes can be more efficiently deployed in line with internally agreed and documented risk appetite parameters
- To find a subject matter expert capable of providing the time, resources and experience to facilitate the creation of your tailored TRAM and supporting Toolkit
- To embed the TRAM - utilizing and leveraging established internal KPI’s, security audits and quality assurance data and practices
How can IATA Consulting help?
IATA has extensive experience in the field of aviation security with a proven record of delivery. As a highly trusted, independent and reliable aviation security partner we can:
Enhance your Risk Assessment capabilities
A subject matter expert will create a bespoke report demonstrating how the TRAM and Toolkit utilize your in-company data/knowledge to create a personalized Residual Risk score; enabling you to more effectively identify, manage and prioritize your security risks and mitigation strategies by better utilizing your existing practices and in-company expertise.
Work collaboratively alongside your key personnel
To discuss, design, agree and populate a bespoke TRAM and Toolkit that identifies, scores and ranks threats, vulnerabilities, consequences and mitigation actions; culminating in evidence based Residual Risk scores and an overarching TRAM prioritization report.
Deliver in-company TRAM and Toolkit workshops
Training personnel, including internal auditors, at strategic, tactical or operational levels, to use, review, manage and populate the Matrix moving forward; embedding the TRAM methodology and eliminating the need for ongoing external support and associated expenditure.
- To learn more, please complete and submit our contact form here. A representative of IATA Consulting will be in touch with you shortly.
- Opt in for more information on IATA services you're interested in.