Take this first step to becoming an ACC3 Independent Validator.
Currently the EU requires air carriers to obtain the ‘Air Cargo or Mail Carrier operating into the Union from a Third Country Airport’ (ACC3) designation. From 1 July 2014, ACC3 designation will only be valid upon a successful EU Aviation Security Validation performed by an Independent Validator accredited by an EU Member State.
This means that by 1 July 2019, approximately 3,000 air carrier stations in non-EU airports and around 2,000 regulated agents and known consignors must be validated by Independent Validators and re-validation must take place within five years. Each five-year cycle will create between18 to 60 million Euros in validation activity. Get the required training and position yourself to become an Independent Validator.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Prospective Independent Validators must meet the following criteria:
- Complete a background check, endorsed by an EU Member State
- Demonstrate independence from the entities they wish to validate
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in aviation security and auditing
- Have their application for attendance supported by an EU Member State
Note: for more information on the qualification requirements of an EU Aviation Security Validator, see EU regulation 1998/2015, section 11.6.
- Recommended level is Professional and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Validate airline stations in compliance with EU regulations governing ACC3
Apply and complete the ACC3 EU Aviation Security checklist during validations
Conduct validations of regulated agents and known consignors in third countries where required
Apply suggested best practice and lessons learned during previous validation trials
Complete the validation report, to be submitted to an EU Member State for ACC3 accreditation
Interact with airlines to maximize your effectiveness as an independent validator
Minimize your validation costs by maximizing efficiency
Understand how IATA will support its member airlines with a database of accredited regulated agents and known consignors
Benefit from scoping analysis performed by IATA and its member to prioritize independent validation activities across the airlines network
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Independent Aviation security professionals with a background in air cargo security and supply chain who wish to become EU approved Independent validators.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% in Exam A and 80% in Exam B. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher on both exams.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.