The global Air Traffic Management (ATM) industry is undergoing a major transformation with the objective of seamless air navigation services and enhancement of performance. This foundation course, and required course for the Diploma in Air Navigation Services Management, covers the key management areas of Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) activities and planning.
Gain a solid knowledge of modern business management practices in air navigation services to help you guide your organization to success. This interactive course provides examples and illustrations from ANSPs from around the world.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Profesional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Nov 13 - Nov 17, 2017 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the Air Navigation Services regulatory and institutional framework
- Apply a business-oriented approach that uses strategic planning tailored for ANSPs
- Master the financial side of running ATM operations including managing charges and funding ATM infrastructure
- Be prepared for emerging issues such as corporate social responsibility, environmental issues, business continuity, cyber security, codes of conduct, conflict of interest, and social media
- Support ICAO’s objectives, in particular, the Global Air Navigation Plan
- Align with CANSO and IATA’s objectives for transitioning to the future
- Strategic planning
ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan Doc 9750
Financial planning and budgeting
Enterprise risk management
Economic regulation and ANS charges
Aviation System Block Upgrades (ASBU)
- Performance measurement and bench marking
Human resource management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Executive and senior managers in Air Navigation Service Providers
Air Traffic Controller Officers (ATCO), operational staff, and supervisors
- Members of the Boards of Directors of Air Navigation Service Providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.