Study how the air transportation system relates to airlines, airports, Civil Aviation Authorities and Air Navigation Services.
This training program combines IATA's Air Transport Fundamentals course with Harvard ManageMentor (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Apply your knowledge and skills in the aviation industry and make more effective decisions for your organisation
Become a more valuable employee or potential employee by having a thorough knowledge of the air transport industry, its function and role
Provide insight into current trends and issues in civil aviation, such as aviation safety and security, law and new technology
Build or refresh management and leadership skills
Respond to management challenges effectively
IATA course content
Role and function of world aviation organizations
Role and function of Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs)
Role and function of airlines
Role and function of airports
Role and function of Air Navigation Services (ANS) providers
Harvard ManageMentor modules
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
HMM module content
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Junior-level managers in all fields of aviation
Managers entering the aviation industry
- You will receive an IATA certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.
- An HMM certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
IATA Leadership and Management Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA Air Transport Fundamentals course, contact us to claim your Diploma.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Harvard ManageMentor Exam
- Exam Delivery Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
Select any 4 (out of a choice of 8) Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.