Learn the fixed wing aircraft marshaling and ramp hand signals based on the IATA Standards in the Airport Handling Manual (AHM) and IATA Ground Handling Manual (IGOM). In this 1-day course you will also learn the principles of ramp communications between the ground and cockpit crew. Participants will be able to perform fully their practical training with the use of RampVR™, the latest virtual reality training solution for ground operations.
RampVR™ is designed for ground operations professionals, and combines high-spec virtual reality hardware and software with IATA training. RampVR™ complements the theoretical knowledge with effective practical training in a very realistic environment, without disrupting active operations on the ramp. It allows you to generate a variety of scenarios on narrow body and wide body aircraft marshalling. It also simulates day and night operations as well as adverse weather conditions and includes pause and review “operations” so details can be checked or explained.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 1 day (8 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Apr 12 - Apr 12, 2019 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
4 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Perform basic marshalling based on international standards
- Communicate with cockpit crew
- Promote safe operations at the ramp through efficient hand signal communications
- Use hand signals to communicate in ramp emergency situations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Ground handling staff
Ground Service Equipment (GSE) Operators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.