Lead your ramp team in the consistent servicing and turnaround of multiple aircraft types. Learn the essential technical procedures for aircraft handling and loading to optimize the use of ground service equipment and manpower. In this 4-day course you will also learn how to build a safety culture and ensure consistent on-time performance (OTP).
This course is also available as a 5-day course that includes IATA’s RampVR™, the latest “plug-and-play” virtual reality training solution for ground operations.
- This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport operations
- Recommended level is Professional and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jul 17 - Jul 20, 2017 - Singapore, Singapore-Somerset16 (IATA)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Manage the off-loading/ loading procedures of aircraft
- Manage the full turnaround of aircraft, coordinating resources and processes
- Apply best practices to be safe, punctual and commercially successful in turnaround services
- Understand and apply the safety and punctuality aspects of loading operations
- Design and offer consistent services according to widely accepted IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) and IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM) standards
- Take a leading role in your ramp team
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Ground handling managers and supervisors
- Station supervisors
- Ramp and turnaround coordinators
- Loading supervisors and load controllers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Every participant receives a complimentary electronic copy of the latest IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM)*. It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties. The IGOM Software Web Download * (Single User License) represents a value of $155 included in the price of this course! * Please check the system requirements for the installation of the IGOM
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.