Understand what it takes to lead an airline to success through this dynamic learning environment!
This 5-day course will help you test your management skills and strategic thinking. You will be able to run your own airline and decide on the network, fleet, schedule, marketing and revenue management. You will be competing with other airlines for market share and profitability with real-life scenarios. Performance reports will be generated at the end of each session to show the impact of your different business strategies.
The course provides shorter lectures with more time spent on devising and testing business strategies. Using customized case studies and exercises, you will create scenarios such as airline start-up, growth, consolidation and mergers. Your objective is simple, be the most profitable airline!
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 23 - Oct 27, 2017 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
12 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Translate demand in an airline product
- Recognize what drives airline cost and revenue
- Understand the mechanics of airline financial and operational issues
- Improve problem solving and critical thinking
- Convert strategy into real tactics
- Value teamwork from a management view
- Defend and explain the strategic and tactical choices made by airlines
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Middle management
- Senior management
- Past attendees of the Network, Fleet and Schedule Planning course or Airline Business Foundations.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Abeer Almaazmi, Manager Alliances & Partnerships, AME, Etihad Airways
The course provided me an intensive insight which fed directly into my current role within the Network Management department. Moreover, I had spent quality time in meeting and learning from other colleagues who attended the same course. The overall mixture of the class was incredible.
Alexandria Faure, Air Seychelles
This course provided a comprehensive platform to better understand the different departments of an airline and the significance of competitive strategizing in an industry that is strongly influenced by economic cycles, government regulations, changing business environments and social and demographic changes. The course lays the foundations for effective and strategic thinking for the benefit of the executive and the airline.
Artur Pedrosa, Barraqueiro Group
The course is very dynamic and provides a realistic environment to understand how an airline is organized. We can learn how different departments of the company work and how they should interact considering the industry best practices. We can also learn about the industry next challenges and the strategies we can implement to succeed on this competitive market.