Working as cabin crew for a major airline is an exciting and challenging experience. In addition to jetting off to exotic destinations, the job also requires a high degree of responsibility and specialization to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers in line with industry regulations.
This course is ideal for young professionals looking to get a head start in the profession, introducing the skills and responsibilities expected by the world’s leading airlines. Special emphasis is given to customer service and procedures for handling unusual situations during flight, with the final module of the course giving useful tips for completing the recruitment process.
This course also includes a safety equipment procedure (SEP) trainer providing an overview of the aircraft, safety
equipment and location of emergency procedures accessible via web or mobile.
This training program combines IATA's trusted Airline Cabin Crew course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Appreciate the cabin crew profession, its origins and current practices
- Describe aircraft types and cabin crew functions
- Manage passenger interactions in a variety of circumstances
- Recall emergency and safety procedures
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges
IATA Airline Cabin Crew Training content
- Introduction to Aircraft and Aviation Familiarization
- Crew Member Coordination and Communication
- Customer Service and managing passenger interactions
- Safety and emergency procedures (with virtual
cabin walkthrough – narrow and wide body
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Harvard ManageMentor© Content Summary
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aspiring cabin crew members
- You will receive an IATA certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.
- A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM© modules and the IATA course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
IATA ExamHarvard ManageMentor© Exam
- Exam Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM© module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
Select any 4 IATA Aviation Courses in e-textbook format and receive them with a free iPad.