Learn why airlines are launching multi-brand products to compete more cost-effectively in the marketplace. Over 5 days you will review successful airline leading revenue practices and a number of airline business models including Low Cost (short haul and transatlantic), Ultra Low Cost, Hybrid, Long Haul Low Cost and network carriers.
You will also learn how to contain specific airline costs by reviewing a number of airline strategic cost-cutting plans and incorporating necessary mechanisms and procedures to maintain a viable cost reduction program. Through case studies and real-life airline examples, learn how to maximize revenues through strategic segmentation, monetizing key units and products, among others in order to optimize profitability and returns.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 21 - Oct 25, 2019 - Turkey, Istanbul (TKAA-RTP)
5 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the models and strategies successful airlines use to compete in the market
- Analyze the cost management, revenue generation strategies, and competitive techniques that have succeeded in today's marketplace
- Determine the impact of global economics on your airlines cost base
- Compare the Ultra-Low Cost, Low Cost and Hybrid carrier business models, their strengths and weaknesses
- Summarize the latest technologies airlines are using to lower costs, while simultaneously raising revenues
- Leverage cost management techniques used at world class airlines to formulate strategies for your airline
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Commercial Analyst, Managers and Directors
- Financial and Cost Control Analyst, Managers and Directors
- Strategy, revenue, planning, change management and cost control airline staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
TestimonialNico Martiniello, Airline Marketing Manager – ATR
I recently attended the Airlines leading practice and cost reduction strategies training course at IATA in Geneva - it has completely met my expectations and has confirmed the high level of training offered by IATA. This is the fourth course I have attended at IATA. I have found that courses offered through the training catalog answer my training needs, and I was sure that IATA instructors (always very passionate and professional) would be able to keep alive my interest and answer my questions. In addition the week spent on the IATA training course was a great opportunity to meet and to exchange ideas with other professionals coming from different cultures.