DescriptionPrices & Registration
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 118 participants from 38 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This course will provide you with a comprehensive review of financial analysis and modeling techniques used to resolve challenges faced by airline financial managers. You will learn how to resolve common problems faced by financial decision makers.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Evaluate the “lease vs. buy” decision from a client's perspective
Apply the capital budgeting process
Identify and implement financial derivatives
Apply financial techniques to the airline industry
Utilize airline cost structure
- Fuel hedging
- Aircraft leasing
- Capital budgeting
- Time value of money
- Risk and return
- Financial statement analysis
- Group discussions
- Case studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Operations, marketing, IT, legal and commercial aviation staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: