Start with the essentials to launch a career in the airline industry. Learn about the history of airline organizations, and the various operational and business functions that make up an airline.
Course formatThis course is available in e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 40-45 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Know the history, current scale and scope of the airline industry
- Find out about the multiple operational and business functions of airlines
- Describe the duties and responsibilities of key airline personnel
- Airline Organizational Structure and Personnel
- Airline Business Model
- Airline Fleet
- Airline Manufacturers and Vendors
- Government and industry agencies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Entry-level airline industry staff
- Newcomers to the airline industry
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision or an exam in one of IATA’s Exam Centers (where physical presence is required)
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 Aviation Courses in e-textbook format and receive them with a free iPad.